Mammoth North - Monthly Report - 2023_June - Attachment G - Progress Photos1024_9


Pulaski County, Indiana
Mammoth North - Monthly Report - 2023_June - Attachment G - Progress Photos1024_10


Pulaski County, Indiana

About Mammoth Central Solar

Mammoth Central Solar is the third phase of the Mammoth Solar project, one of the largest solar projects in the US. Mammoth Central, also the largest phase of the project, is estimated to generate 600 MW of energy and spreads over 5,500 acres in Pulaski County in northwest Indiana.  Out of the overall acreage footprint of this project, approximately 20% is tillable and will have solar panels installed on top, while the remaining 80% remains green and/or used for vegetation. This project is expected to generate enough clean energy for approximately 135,000 households.

The Mammoth Solar project in its entirety is expected to generate 1.3 GW of energy, that will power approximately 275,000 households annually and has a footprint of 13,000 acres across Starke and Pulaski counties. The project was named “Mammoth” because of ancient mammoth bones discovered in fields where it would be built and because of the growing size and scope of the mammoth project.

This project started in 2019 as grassroots effort in the homes and barns of local farmers. Today, Mammoth has over 65 families, who lease their land to Doral Renewables as part of this project. Upon the decommissioning of the project, the landowners receive their land back and can utilize it as they see fit.

Mammoth Central is one of Doral Renewables’ more advanced projects. Doral Renewables has secured a power purchase agreement for all 600 MW.  300 MW of the electricity produced by the Mammoth Central solar farm would be sold to AEP Energy. The additional 300 MW would be sold to Bank of America, PNC Bank, CVS Health and Dietz and Watson, all via Constellation Energy.

600 MW
Generation Capacity
Of the project has signed Power Purchase Agreements
Households could be powered by the project

Contact Us

Let us know how we can help