MAMMOTH NORTH

Starke County, Indiana
default

MAMMOTH NORTH

Starke County, Indiana
DCIM100MEDIADJI_0473.JPG

MAMMOTH NORTH

Starke County, Indiana
DCIM100MEDIADJI_0478.JPG

MAMMOTH NORTH

Starke County, Indiana
default

MAMMOTH NORTH

Starke County, Indiana
Group-323-300x300

About Mammoth North Solar

Mammoth North Solar is the first phase of the Mammoth Solar project, one of the largest solar projects in the US. Mammoth North is estimated to generate 400 MW of energy and spreads over 4,500* acres in Starke County in northwest Indiana. Out of the overall acreage footprint of this project, approximately 20% is tillable acres that will have solar panels installed on, while the other 80% remains green and/or used for vegetation. This project is expected to generate enough clean energy for approximately 75,0000 households.

The Mammoth Solar project in its entirety is expected to generate 1.3 GW of energy, which will power approximately 275,000 households annually with a footprint of 13,000 acres across Starke and Pulaski Counties. The project was named “Mammoth” because of ancient mammoth bones discovered in fields where it would be built and because of the growing size and scope of the mammoth project.

This project started in 2019 as a grassroots effort in the homes and barns of local farmers. Today, Mammoth has over 65 families, who lease their land to Doral Renewables as part of this project. Upon the decommissioning of the project, the landowners receive their land back and can utilize it as they see fit.

In May 2021, Doral Renewables executed a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) with AEP Energy, a subsidiary of American Electric Power and one of the largest electric energy wholesale and retail suppliers in the U.S.

The project was launched in October 2021 in a ceremony that featured community partners and landowners, as well as high-level Israeli officials, including Israel’s Ambassador to the US, H.E Gilad Erdan, Israel’s Consul General to the Midwest, Yinam Cohen, Indiana Governor, Eric Holcomb, Indiana Secretary of Commerce, Bradley Chambers and others.

Mammoth North begun in March 2022, and in June Doral Renewables announced the company has achieved a financial closing for the project’s construction. Mammoth North is expected to become operational in 2024.

4,500
Acres
400 MW
Generation Capacity
100%
Of the project has signed Power Purchase Agreements
75,000
Households could be powered by the project

Agrivoltaics

Solar Sheep Grazing

As part of Doral Renewables commitment to deploying innovative agrivoltaics solutions across its pipeline and generate additional revenue opportunities to local farmers, The Mammoth North Solar project has contracted the services of local farmer as part of the project’s vegetation management scope.  Each day, a flock of approximately 1,500 sheep, donkeys, alpacas and Kunekune pigs is grazing the project’s grassland, serving as an organic lawnmowing team. This effort does not only provide additional revenue stream to local farmers, but also a continuation of agricultural operations on the land and the cleanest vegetation management solution available, making everyone a winner

Contact Us

Let us know how we can help